How to succeed in a non-medical interview
The interview is the final step between you and your chosen career.
It is notoriously where most candidates fail to perform. This is often because of a lack of familiarity with the process. A non-medical interview is very different to a medical interview. It can encompass: case studies, presentations, aptitude tests, formal quantitative tests, group exercises and even an essay. These can occur over several stages. You need to be prepared for all of them.
After optimising your non-medical CV (which each candidate will be required to submit in advance) and having been selected for interview, this workshop will help you to avoid common pitfalls. We have experts who have successfully been through the process as a doctor and now interview and hire new graduates and experienced strategy consultants on a weekly basis. They will coach you on how to excel at interview.
What does the workshop involve?
- 3 hour small group interactive session
- Facilitated by doctors who have first hand experience of changing careers
- Role-play: a standard interview and a challenging interview
- Individual Mock Interview
- Personalised feedback
What will I learn?
- Experience the interview in a safe environment
- Format of the typical interview process
- The Case Study
- Components to an interview: numeracy, literacy, psychometric
- The Presentation
- How to showcase your CV
- Language (verbal and non-verbal) of non-medical interviews
What do I need to bring on the day?
- Non-medical, 2 page curriculum vitae
By attending this workshop you will have a clear insight into what a non-medical interview entails. You will have been through a practice interview from people who have been on the interview panel for doctors. With this knowledge and your personalised feedback, you will also receive a video of your mock interview for you to continue to work from even after the workshop.
We recognise the interview requires practice. This workshop will maximise your chances of impressing at interview.
Email email@example.com to register your place
|Welcome & Introduction|
|Interview Structure: Stages and Format|
|On The Day: Language, Appearance, Showcasing your CV|
|Individual Mock Interview|
|Questions and Answers|